If you want to change your body or lose weight, you should lift weights. Don’t get stuck in a cardio rut! Diet and cardio are equally important of course, but if you want to change how your body appears, weight training does the trick. If you are resistant to weight training or skeptical, check out these benefits:
- Increases metabolism: The more muscle you have, the more calories burned.
- Strengthens bones: especially important for women! Increased bone density and strength reduces back and knee pain by building muscle around these areas.
- Makes you stronger: The conditioning effect will result in firmer and better-defined muscles.
- Increases posture: Stronger muscles can help you stand and sit straighter and more comfortably.
- Helps you avoid injuries: Strong muscles, tendons and ligaments are less likely to give way under stress and are less likely to be injured.
- Increases state of mind: Once you notice positive physical changes, the ability to handle stress may improve. Studies show that regular exercise is one of the three best tools for effective stress management.
Getting started with strength training can be confusing. What exercises should you do? How many sets and reps? How much weight? I can help you! Call to set up an appointment today!Contact Me to Get Started!